- Wanting to live life more fully in the present, letting go of fears and worries about the future and getting stuck in the past
- interested in developing their own regular Mindfulness meditation practice; and
- looking to find ways to manage the challenges of everyday living – becoming less reactive and more responsive. Finding greater satisfaction and more calm at work, at home and even during the peak hour commute.
Including individuals who may have experienced stress, anxiety, depression, illness and other challenges in their lives.
What is the course schedule and time commitment? Your instructor will create a safe and supportive environment for this work and learning through:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Daily home assignments
- You will be provided with the MBSR course workbook and MP3’s of the guided mindfulness practices to support your practice
You will attend group classes for 2 ½ hours, once a week for 8 weeks. Classes are generally of an evening between 6:30 – 9pm. You receive 31 hours of direct tuition. You will also attend an All-Day weekend retreat that occurs between the 6th and 7th week of the program. In addition to the 31 hours of practice in a supportive classroom environment guided by a professionally trained MBSR teacher, each participant engages in 45minutes of mindfulness practice daily between classes as homework to foster the development of the new habit of mindfulness. Before starting the course, you will participate in an individual pre-course interview with the course facilitator, so you can be fully informed about the course, and we can decide together if this course is suitable for you at this time in your life.
2019 Melbourne Group Courses
|April 30th – June 18th||Day of Mindfulness Sunday June 2nd|
Upcoming Courses – Evenings :
Tusedays, 6:30pm – 9:00pm – Level 3, 34-36 Block Place, Melbourne
The cost of the course is $850 + GST – this includes:
- Attendance at 8 group classes that run for between 2.5 and 3 hours each.
- The Silent Day Retreat which takes place on the 2nd June and runs from 9am -4:30pm
- 31 hours of direct tuition
- Mindfulness Meditation sound files for use at home
- Course materials and resources to assist your practice; and
- Weekly emails to inspire and keep you on trac
*** Concessions and payment plans are available so if payment is a concern for you please feel free to discuss it with Marike. Advance booking is essential.